Saturday, June 11, 2011

Entry #7: My Family Energy Intake 6/11/2011

In one day I can say that our A/C runs 24/7 besides the time when it cuts off because the house reaches the set temperature. I get up and fix breakfast like 3 times out the week however if I use the strove its gas so not much energy being used up there. However, my brother has an alarm clock in his bedroom that runs 24 hours a day. We all have cell phone charges that we use at night time for about 9 hours a night although I unplug mines every morning that still does not account for all the other chargers that’s are still plug in throughout the day. I used to leave mines plugged in until I found out that they continue to use electricity even after I’ve unplugged them from my phone. We have 7 rooms in this house and 5 out of the 7 have T.V’s that probably runs somewhere around 8 hours total a day from when we wake up until we go to sleep. I don’t turn on the lights as much especially if it’s not night, but my little brother loves to turn on lights which ever room he’s in even through my mom and him stay opening up the blinds during the day. Between all of us even when my older brother and his wife bring their clothes over to be washed the washer and dryer are constantly running throughout the week. As far as the dishes goes we often do the dishes by hand, rarely do we use the dash washer but it comes in handy around the holidays, what would usually take us 35 minutes to do now only take us 20 minutes. Do not get me started on the computers usage! We each have our own laptops however my second oldest brother has a laptop, an Ipad, and a desktop computer, talk about having the latest gadgets. Wow that’s a lot of energy been used! Over time I have learned new ways to scale back on energy usage and I think it’s about time I start sharing some of those tips to help me and my family cut down on our energy contributions.

No comments:

Post a Comment