Sunday, July 3, 2011

Entry #13: FGCU 7/03/2011



I think our school does a good job of living up to the whole sustainability thing a.k.a "green" theme. I think building the school in the middle of a panther sanctuary, and destroying the swamp area around the school was an interesting idea though. The air conditioning system that uses ice is pretty efficient, and the solar panels that are up and running has been really good for energy, but at the cost of more trees and land was a bit much not mentioning the hug financial cost. I think the shuttles are a great idea to keep people from driving that live on campus even though we still have some people that still drive to campus but the fuel use is still cut down. I think the school is doing what it can with recycling on campus and at the dorms so that every thing does not get tossed in the dumpster. I think the school has a high goal with the sustainability aspect, but they are still a school. The school is much more greener then other schools, not just because it has less people than most schools but because they are actually implementing rules and policies that students need to follow. Their not quite totally there but I think that we may get there eventually. Because right now it seems like every good and sustainable thing we try to do is countered by something that isn't good for the environment with them trying their best to keep their promise that they made at the beginning of all this. That is just my personal opinion, people my have other opinions and concerns about the situation but for now this is what I think about what FGCU is trying to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment