Sunday, July 10, 2011

Entry #17: Conservation 20/20 7/11/2011

Looking over the website, I got a good sense of what 'Conservation 20/20' really means and stands for. It was started by a group of people that were worried that time was running out, in Lee County, to preserve our land, and they decided to make a big deal about it, which turned into a whole program. The main objectives of this plan is to protect and preserve natural wildlife habitat, as well as to protect and preserve water quality and supply. Two other main objectives include protecting developed lands from flooding, and providing resource-based recreation. This was my only opportunity seeing a Preserve through this program, but I would absolutely support using tax dollars for land preservation, given how important it is to preserve the land. I am currently not aware of other programs, but I do think that this act is a huge help, and they deserve all the support they can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment